Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Love Not Like

I believe you can love someone with a special set apart love, but not like them. It's this odd feeling of "eeerrrrrggggggggg you irritate me!!! Drop dead..." but also "Tell me if you hurt, why you hurt, how you hurt. I want to know and I was to make it better!" It's so strange because these feelings so contradict each other.

I am going through these strange feelings at this exact moment. Something that I've found is that often, these feelings will arise because what that person is going through is similar in someway to something you're going through, or have gone through. Often a characteristic that someone has that irritates the heck out of you... Is something that you struggle with as well, in some way.

So I believe God puts these feelings of love and compassion in you so that you can love this person in situations where others may not.

Don't get me wrong! You. Do. Not. Have. To. Be. Best. Friends. With. This. Person!!!!! But all those times that that person pops up in your mind throughout the day, pray for them. I'm telling you!! For a while, every time this person popped up in my mind I would think ugly thoughts and how much I was upset at that person, but praying for them... MUCH more peaceful and fulfilling. It makes me hopeful and calm.

So don't let that love go to wast. Let God love through you.

Philippians 1:6 He who began a good work in you with be faithful to complete it.

3 comments: