Monday, May 21, 2012

Lord!!! Please Use Me


I am 14 and currently the secretary at my home away from home, The Center for Home Education or as all the kids still call it, CAIA, which is a small out school for homeschoolers. (yes I know that's a oxymoron!) I also work at my church (Gateway) in the children's ministry. So obviously I, being in these positions, have a say in what goes on in the environment around me. But even in being in theses positions where I do have a say, I for the longest time felt that as a young person couldn't do anything for God's kingdom. That I would have to wait until I was old enough to drive, vote, get a job etc... to do anything big enough to make a change. You see, my mother is a person used greatly by God in so many different ways. God has changed soooo many people's lives through her. She was a children's pastor at our small church, for the three years we lived in Odessa and changes countless children's lives there. To me she seemed/seems a hero and I wanted so bad for the Lord to use me like her. That's when the Lord spoke to me. He said. "My daughter, I will, and have used you in more ways than you can possibly imagine. In every place I put you in, I put you there for a specific purpose. All I need you to do is listen to what I am saying to you and do as I tell you to do without hesitation." And I did... Well most of the time. I didn't always listen to what He said. Nor did I always do what he told me to do. But He was and still is patient with me and continually brought me back to where I need to be in His ever gentle way. Now... Well now I am still listening and still trying to do what He tells me to do without hesitation. I still make tons of mistakes!!! But I am trying my best to let him work through me! And when I mess up, my ever forgiving God welcomes me back with open arms and gentle words. So now the question falls to you! Will you let Him work through you?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment